Thursday 25 December 2008

Sigur ros - St Andrews United Church CA - 01.10.2001 FM Broadcast















Sigur ros - St Andrews United Church CA - 01.10.2001 FM Broadcast

As a special Christmas treat I would like to offer, what for me is perhaps the best Sigur ros concert I have heard. Of course its just my personal preference but . . . Here is why this is my all time favourite. Firstly the pace of this concert is so slow and smooth its exquistite and its one of those where Jonsi's voice just seems to float perfectly through out. Secondly the recording is one of the best I have heard. There is a fair number of FM concerts out there but the recording in this one is professional, the mics are high end and everything in the production, mixing and mastering is perfect. Thirdly, having heard a lot of different line ups this is my absolute favourite. A lot of people, myself included never had the chance to hear Sigur ros play in the early days so it really is a pleasure to share this particualr concert which I feel really encapsulates Sigur ros at their very best. Enjoy this perfect concert
NB: The last track Popplagio fades out near the end. This is from the original file. Apologies

Track List:

01 Vaka
02 Njosnavelin
03 Ny Batteri
04 E-bow
05 Alafoss
06 Olsen Olsen
07 Frysta
08 Samskyeti
09 Sven-G-Englar
10 Daudlagio
11 Popplagio

download part 1

download part 2
download part 3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i have to ask - do you have this fantastic sounding show in flac, or did you get it is 320k mp3's?
cause it sounds utterly fantastic!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic, I just wish the second half of Popplagið wasn't cut off. Was there any reason for this? It was a bit of a surprise when it began to fade out.

Great site by the way!

Victoryrosemusic admin said...

With a few exceptions Everything here is re-mastered from the original FLACs. I only do the 320 mp3's from uncompressed Re-masters using pro equipment. So they are as high quality as possible. It has to be said though the end result can only be as good as the original. : )